Services covering the City of Greater Dandenong,
City of Casey and Cardinia Shire
This is a youth crime prevention program that supports young people between 10-23 years who have had repeated contact with the justice system as serious or recidivist offenders.
PIVOT helps young people to learn new skills, reconnect with education or access employment, build relationships and generate meaningful connections within the community.
Participants join this program voluntarily. We work with them for 12 months to address the underlying causes of their offending behaviour through case management, tailored support plans and mentoring to link them and their families into prosocial activities that address criminogenic needs.
PIVOT provides young people a space where they can actually have their say, personalising the support to their unique needs, circumstances and goals.
TaskForce runs the PIVOT program in Frankston, Dandenong and Casey as part of the YSAS-led consortium
Eligibility Criteria: this program is available to young people that meet the following:
• 10 – 23 years of age.
• Reside in Casey, City Greater Dandenong, Frankston or Mornington Peninsula
• Current or likely recidivist offender.
• Have had frequent contact with statutory services (VicPol, Youth Justice, Community Correction Services and/or Child Protection).
• Have multiple risk factors.
• Referrals must come through VicPol, Youth Justice, Community Correction Services and/or Child Protection.