Services covering the City of Greater Dandenong,
City of Casey and Cardinia Shire
Carer Support and Respite
Alfred Health Carer Services
We provide Carer Gateway (Commonwealth-funded) and Support for Carers (State-funded) services:
- support for carers to focus on their own needs and personal goals
- information and assistance to connect carers with the right support services
- support to access respite and equipment
- carer coaching
- facilitated peer to peer support to enhance carer wellbeing
- events for carers focusing on education, peer support and social connection
We also provide respite services, resources and supported activities for older people with care needs, and their carers, via the Commonwealth Home Support Program. Fees apply for this program.
Every caring journey has its challenges. Maintaining your own health and wellbeing is important. We can help you find the most useful supports for your situation.
The Enhancing Vacation Care Program Helps children and teens aged between 6 - 18 years who have a mild to moderate disability and want to join mainstream holiday activities with minimal support. They need to live in the Shire of Cardinia. There is no cost for the extra support. Children's services are run by OSHClub at Pakenham Springs and Beaconsfield Primary schools. Youth Services are run by the Cardinia Shire and are based at My Place.